Holiday Events on Sanibel Island
It’s amazing how festive Sanibel Island is this time of year! There are a lot of holiday events and the season really kicks off with our annual Luminary Festival, which is an island wide event named for the hundreds of lights put our around the town.
Following the festival are dozens of events aimed at getting everyone in the spirit of the season. Even now, as I’m scrambling to finish off all of my planning and shopping, I am driven to distraction by the need to go out and participate. Here are a few of the activities happening between now and the end of the year:
- BIG ARTS Holiday Spectacular – Herb Strauss Theatre, now through December 31, 2013
- Edison & Ford Holiday Nights – Edison & Ford Winter Estates, now through January 4, 2014 (closed December 24 – 25, 2013)
- Santa’s Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise to Picnic Island – Adventures in Paradise Cruises, December 24, 2013
- 19th Annual Holiday Miniature-Golf Events of the Island – Sanibel Community House, December 26 – 29, 2013
- Christmas Day Grand Buffet – Sundial Resort, December 25, 2013
- New Year’s Eve Gala – Sundial Resort, December 31, 2013
What I’m most looking forward to is having everyone home and spending time with my family. Happy Holidays!