Yoga: Another Quick Workout for Swimsuit Season
Last week, I shared a workout routine that is customizable to almost any lifestyle and designed to get your body swimsuit-ready. While going through my own mix and match of the ten moves this week, I started thinking that I left something out: YOGA! (I’ll discuss Pilates in later posts, don’t worry)
Why Yoga? Once you learn the poses, which takes no time at all, you can do it anywhere, anytime you have a spare few moments. It is known to improve relaxation and focus, increase core strength and improve lean muscle tone and flexibility.
The yoga workout is perfect for beginners and dabblers. There are only 4 different yoga poses to learn, and the workout should take you a total of 15 minutes from beginning to end. Try it when you get up in the morning to loosen your muscles and wake up, or at the end of the day to help clear your mind.
The Yoga Workout below was provided by Elena Rover on RealSimple.com
- Cow and Cat Poses : From the cross-legged warm-up pose, move into cow pose on an exhale. Inhaling, switch to cat pose. Alternate between cow and cat poses for 15 breaths.
- Press up into Downward Dog. Lower knees to floor, then push back up. Repeat five times.
- Step your right foot forward between your hands into a classic lunge, with your bent right knee directly over your right foot, your left foot straight behind you, both feet pointing forward, and fingertips on the floor.
- Move into Extended Side Angle.
- Do a lunge and an extended side angle on your left side.
- Lie facedown for the Locust Pose.
- Turn over to lie flat on your back. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for two minutes.
I hope you all give this Yoga workout a try and enjoy the benefits! Namaste.