Fall in Love with Sanibel in Fall
If you’ve visited Sanibel in the past, you may know that Winter is peak season on the island. However, it’s not the ONLY great time to visit Sanibel and Sundial! A fall island getaway is the perfect way to take a break from the back-to-school crazy and recharge before the holidays get into full swing! Need more convincing? We’ve compiled our top “fall for fall” reasons to visit us.
- Moderate Weather – It’s still plenty warm to enjoy the pools and the warm waters of the Gulf but the dead heat of summer is over.
- Quieter Beaches – This time of year of quieter for Florida travel than during the winter and summer. Enjoy less traffic, less wait time for local attractions and more space to spread out by the pools and beach!
- Less Shelling Competition – Sanibel is known worldwide for its amazing shelling and people travel from all over just to get a chance to scour our beaches for rare finds. Since the island is quieter in the fall, you’ll have less competition from other shellers and are more likely to score a great find for your collection.
- Outdoor Activities – The mild weather makes enjoying activities like bike riding, kayaking, paddleboarding, pickleball, tennis and more even more enjoyable! Even better, all of these activities are complementary to enjoy at Sundial!
- Wildlife on the Move – Fall is a great time of year to observe our winter wildlife moving in for the season. Spot visiting birds as they make their way south to avoid the cooler temperatures up north.
No matter what time of year you visit, Sanibel Island and Sundial Resort will always be a great vacation! Take advantage of lower rates, milder temperatures and a less crowded island and book your stay today.