Personalizing Your Beach Wedding
To add authentic touches to your wedding, personalize it! Below are seven ideas for personalizing your beach wedding.
1. Signature Cocktails
Weddings are a celebration of life, love and the future. What better way to celebrate with guests than by sipping on cocktails personalized by you and the groom? At Sundial Resort, our expert bartenders will work with you to shake up a special drink to signify your new last name, personality and/or wedding style. In addition to creating a cocktail, couples can also pick their favorite cocktails and personalize them with unique nicknames. To create excitement among guests, place cocktail lists and/or beverage signs around the venue and near the bar.
2. Seashell Souvenirs
Seashells are a local trademark of Sanibel Island. They make a wonderful souvenir for Sundial Resort brides and grooms to give to their guests. Seashells of all shapes, sizes and colors are sprinkled along the shores of the island. In fact, you will find more seashells on our shores than almost any other destination wedding venue in the country. Invite your guests to take a personalized piece of Sanibel’s beauty home by providing burlap shell collecting sacks inscribed with your names, wedding date and Sundial Resort venue location information.
Photos are memories recorded and captured in time. Using photos as part of your décor is a great way to share cherished memories with friends and family. Unique ways to use photos at your beach wedding include:
- Fan Photo Program – place custom-made program fans with a photo of you and the groom at each ceremony seat.
- Picture in a Bottle – similar to a “message in a bottle,” give each member of your wedding party a photo they took with you and the groom. Include a message, sharing a description of the memory that was made when the picture was taken.
- Generations of Love – have an area set aside at your venue for black and white wedding photos of grandparents and parents.
- Memory Lane– next to the guestbook or above the gift table, place a series of photos, such as: first date, first kiss and your engagement.
Hashtags are the best way to keep track of photos posted to social media by your guests. Many couples incorporate the name of the venue, the groom’s last name or both the bride and groom’s first names into the hashtag. If you have a lengthier name, you can also use your initials or nicknames. You just want the tag to be short, simple and easy for guests to use and remember. To encourage guests to use the hashtag, post it on table cards, welcome boards and by the photo booth, if you have one. Start creating your own couple’s hashtag by checking out these four ideas, below:
5. Personalize the Party Favors
Give your guests personalized party favors, inspired by you and the groom. From sweet treats to bottles of wine, brides can personalize favors by adding labels stamped with their wedding date, names and/or initials. Need ideas? Our Pinterest boards are flooded with them. Not the DIY type of bride? Not to worry! There are tons of custom and crafty creations that can be ordered online from websites such as Etsy. Check out a few of our favorite personalized party favor ideas below:
- Wine Labels
- Cookies with Names or Initials
- Personalized Matchbox
- Scented Candle
- Labeled Cotton Candy
- Seashell Holiday Ornaments
For beach brides taking on a new last name, celebrate by incorporating your new initial on your wedding day. Sundial Resort can even accommodate couples in personalizing the reception dance floor with monogrammed lighting. Another idea for wearing your new last name loud and proud is to monogram your shoes in a shade of blue for “something blue.” Modern brides are also trading figurine cake toppers for monogrammed letters. You can even monogram glassware, napkins, fans and more.
7. Island Inspired Ideas
Couples say “I do” at venues sentimental to their relationship. If you and your groom love the beach, there is no place better to say “I do” than the seashell sprinkled shores of tucked away Sanibel Island. To show your love for the sea, personalize your beach wedding with island inspired decor, such as:
- Sand Dollar Table Cards – Guide guests to their reception seat using sand dollars placed in a tray filled with sand.
- Starfish Ceremony Decor – Use starfish to decorate your archway or use them as aisle runners by sticking them in the sand at the end of each row of seats. For evening weddings, use tiki torches too.
- Seashell Named Tables – Sanibel Island is home to over 250 species of shells. Use your favorites shells to organize or name your reception tables.
- Candles in the Sand – Place candles inside of glass vases, partially filled with sand.
- Floral Arrangements in Seashells – Have your florist partially fill floral arrangement vases with seashells. To protect the flowers, the seashells should be cleaned and salt free!
At Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, we will help you plan and personalize every detail of your wedding. Let us help you plan the most special day of your life. Come make memories with us in paradise. To check out more of our beach wedding ideas, follow us on Pinterest. For more information or to schedule a tour, contact me, Alicia Wenturine, at 239-395-6009 or email me at Alicia.Wenturine@SundialResort.com.
**The photos taken by TAMMYLABAR were captured on Alicia Wenturine’s wedding day.