Sundial Hummus and Veggie Plate Recipe
Need a simple dish that your friends and family will enjoy this holiday season but won’t cut into your quality time? Check out our recipe for Garlic Hummus, served with a veggie platter. For some extra holiday cheer, break out your favorite cookie cutters and use them to cut your peppers and pitas into fun and festive shapes!
*Note – This recipe makes a large batch! Portion your hummus into 4-6 batches and freeze. Take a batch out as needed for entertaining or just a healthy snack. Hummus can safely be frozen for up to 4 months, more than long enough to make it through the holiday season!
- 4 oz Tahini paste
- 16 oz Chickpeas
- 4 clove Roasted garlic
- 4 tbs Olive oil
- 3 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¾ tbs salt
- ¾ tbs pepper
- Ice cold water (as needed)
- Add tahini paste and lemon juice to the food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, not including the water, into the food processor one at a time allowing them to blend completely.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly drizzle in a little ice cold water for extra fluffiness.
- Ready to serve or store in Tupperware until snack time.
*Note – This recipe is per every 2-3 people you’ll be feeding, increase the portions based on the total number you expect at the party!
- 4 oz Garlic hummus
- 5 Cucumber slices, sliced on a bias
- 5 Baby carrots, cut lengthwise
- 3 Celery sticks
- 5 Red and Green bell pepper pieces, cut into triangles or holiday shapes
- 1 Grilled pita, cut into 6 pieces or holiday shapes
- 1 oz Olive oil
- Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Place hummus in a serving bowl.
- Arrange veggies and pita to desired design, leaving room on platter/board for hummus bowl and olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil in a small pool or small dish and top with fresh cracked pepper.