Sundial Island Fish Tacos Recipe
You asked so we are delivering! Make our delicious Island Fish Tacos at home and get a taste of vacation, no travel needed.
Yield: 6 Tacos (2 servings)
- 1lb Mahi
- ½ cup melted Butter or Olive Oil
- ¼ cup favorite Blackening Seasoning
- 6 6-inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 ½ cups Pico de Gallo
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 ½ cups Queso Fresco
- 1/3 cup scallions or green onion to garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
Note: Although you can pretty much use any fresh fish and any cooking method you choose for these tacos, our Sundial chefs prefer to use mahi because of its firm texture and ability to hold up inside the shell.
- Cut up mahi into large bite-size pieces, about 2 ½ ounces a piece.
- Dredge your fish pieces in butter oil and season on both sides with blackening seasoning.
- Place fish pieces in hot pan, without crowding, and cook until they get a blackened appearance, about 2 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Place tortillas on grill to heat and get a little bit of char flavor on the shell.
- To assemble tacos, layer iceberg lettuce, blackened fish, pico and queso fresco. Top with a drizzle of the spicy mayo and garnish with green onion or scallions.