Winter is HARSH on our skin but it’s not too late to turn around some of its negative effects in time for spring weddings and warm weather fun. We asked the experts at Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa & Boutique for their top 5 skincare tips to combat winter dryness and here’s what they had to say.
- Use a gentle face wash, free from harsh chemicals, that will clean effectively without stripping the skin of its natural oils. We want our face wash to clean the skin but not strip away all of the good stuff with the dirt.
- Use a Facial Hydrating Spray periodically throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and balanced as well as to help your moisturizer penetrate deeper into the skin. This is a great product to use over your makeup that won’t force you to reapply.
- Use a moisturizer that doubles as a night cream so you are sure to have the right moisture to get you through day or night. In the winter, it’s important to reapply throughout the day. The dryness in the outside air and created by forced air warming your home and office will deplete the moisture from your skin at a much higher rate than in the spring and summer months.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and limit the amount of dehydrating liquids such as coffee and alcohol. Water is the cheapest and easiest way to keep your skin hydrated. Find yourself a water bottle you love and don’t leave home without it!
- It’s tempting to take a hot shower in colder months but try to avoid giving in to this temptation. Long, hot showers can quickly strip your skin and make it difficult for the outermost layer to lock in moisture. Stick to warm, brief showers to keep your skin looking and feeling its best.
Pick up some of these skincare super products next time you’re visiting Sundial or order them online.
Header image from Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa & Boutique.