Yoga Tips and Yoga on the Beach at Sundial
Did you know there is Yoga on the Beach every Saturday at Sundial? Taught by local yoga pro, Kiersten Cato, beach yoga is a great way to enjoy the beautiful views and kick start your day! We’ve asked Kiersten to share some of her yoga tips to help you get in the groove.
Tips for Practicing Yoga:
- Your breath is more important than any fancy pose. If you find yourself holding your breath trying to get into or maintain a pose, you’re losing the benefits of that pose. It is better to skip or modify the pose and stay connected to the breath.
- Don’t let your fear of comparison intimidate you from going to a yoga class. Everyone in the class is focused on what is happening in their own bodies and they are not paying attention to you.
- Listen to your body and respect your limitations. We all have different bodies, limitations and injuries; we even feel differently in our own bodies day to day. Practice mindfulness and only do what feels good, or “serves” your body in that particular moment. Skip or modify anything that doesn’t feel good.
- Have fun! Don’t take yourself or your practice too seriously. It’s okay to have a sense of humor in yoga.
Specifics for Beach Yoga:
- Bring a water bottle (hydrate!)
- Wear sunscreen or sun protective clothing
- Bring a towel – you will get sandy!
- Wear sunglasses (it’s sunny!)
- Brunch after class at the Sea Breeze Cafe is always a good idea!
Make sure to join us for beach yoga on Saturdays, 8:30 – 9:30 am, $10 per person (cash only), yoga mats available for use.
Header Photo by @sanibelbeachyoga