6th Annual 10K Race 4 F.I.S.H.
Join us at the Sanibel Community House on Saturday, October 18th at 7:30 a.m. for the 6th Annual 10K Race 4 F.I.S.H., located at 2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel Island, FL 33957. Proceeds from this event will support the human services efforts of F.I.S.H., a partner of United Way and the area’s leading nonprofit, non-sectarian organization focused on “neighbors helping neighbors.”
The Sanibel-Captiva Island community is uniquely comprised of residents, snow birds, visitors and those who work here, but to each other, we are all neighbors. The mission of F.I.S.H. is to lend a helping hand to those in need on Sanibel or Captiva who live, work or visit here. With the objective to make a social investment in our community that assists our neighbors to live independently with dignity in their homes, F.I.S.H. ministers to everyone, whether resident or visitor, and fulfills a wide range of needs.
As part of the Sanibel community, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa values the service rendered by F.I.S.H. and its volunteers, and is delighted to be a Gold Sponsor for the 10K Race 4 F.I.S.H. Also, photographed above are the Team Sundial runners who will be competing in the race, including:
- Claude Gourzong from Activities
- Paul Cuppy, Director of Food & Beverage
- Gray Campbell, General Manager
- Kevin Snyders, Director of Activities
- Tiffany Onischuk, Administrative Coordinator
Whether it be the loaning of crutches to an injured guest, assisting a resident with transportation needs or meal delivery to a shut-in, F.I.S.H. provides a variety of solutions to support our community’s needs. In fact, F.I.S.H. has impacted the lives of 1,217 households comprised of 1,634 individuals on Sanibel and Captiva. Some of F.I.S.H.’s major accomplishments include:
- Subsidized 75 households with $166,634 of emergency financial assistance
- Provided $150,148 of other client support through various programs
- Sponsored $10,456 in island youth scholarships
- Distributed 76,459 pounds of food to 295 households
- Transported clients to 193 non-emergency medical related appointments
- Delivered 2,565 meals to clients with limited mobility or needing assistance
To participate in this event, register online or download the printable registration form. If you are traveling from out-of-town, you can book your Sundial Resort accommodations online or call 239-472-4151. See you at the race!