How to Plan Your Dream Beach Wedding
There are so many dreamy and meaningful places to get married-but we believe that it doesn’t get any better than saying “I-do” at the beach, on a perfect sunny day with your toes in the sand.
Photo by NikkiMayDay Photography
We spoke to Blue Nile, the leading online jeweler of wedding and engagement rings, to share our best tips for planning the beach wedding of your dreams.
Why a beach wedding?
Beach weddings are synonymous with serenity and peacefulness. You can’t beat the ambiance of our tropical island destination, featuring miles of shell-strewn beaches.
Our inspiring view creates an instant backdrop for your special day. Your guests will delight in the beauty of the scenery-which at Sundial, often includes dolphins, manatees and a host of shorebirds!
Our tips for hosting a dreamy beach wedding
- Keep it simple – Don’t go overboard with décor! There is no need to compete with the beauty of your Sanibel beach setting
- Let your guests know what to expect – Be sure to include on your invitations and wedding website that your ceremony is being held outdoors and on sand so that your guests can dress appropriately and be prepared for sunny weather.
- Don’t try to please others – This is YOUR dream day. Have fun and be authentic to who you are.
- Pick a theme – Choose a theme that pairs well with the beauty, simplicity and tranquility of the beach, and stick with it!
- Celebrate your beautiful day with us – With beautiful white sand beaches and gentle sea breezes, pristine Sanibel Island, Florida is the perfect backdrop for your special day. Sundial Beach Resort & Spa offers the best of both worlds with an array of indoor and outdoor venues for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and next-day brunch.
- Ballrooms boast floor-to-ceiling windows featuring panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Sundial’s outdoor locations include a Gulf-front Lawn, palm-fringed garden, seashell-speckled beach, and an expansive hedged private beach area.
Let your Sundial wedding expert take over and do what they do best so you can immerse yourself in your surroundings, family and friends and enjoy the day! Contact one of experts and start the planning process today!