PUBLISHED: June 30, 2017
We here at Sundial love the environment and want to help preserve it and ensure that we are doing our part to reduce our carbon footprint. We appreciate the beautiful, natural world around us, and want to continue to cherish it and nurture it. Here are some of the ways we are working to become green and eco-friendly:
- Re-use laundry program: In our effort to reduce water waste, we encourage all our guests to re-use towels, rather than use new ones daily.
- Recycling bins in every unit: We understand that your recycling habits don’t take a vacation. That’s why we include recycling bins in every room.
- Green Team: We’ve established an on-property Green Team, responsible for ensuring that our conservation goals are being met and to improve our efforts.
- Employee Conservation Efforts: We’ve encouraged our staff to also conserve by promoting carpooling and recycling.
- Sanibel Sea School: The Sanibel Sea School on property helps our guests and staff learn more conservation methods and procedures.
- We also donate furniture to local charities to reduce our landfill input and to provide for organizations doing good in our community.
In addition to these green efforts, Sundial is also a certified Florida Green Lodging property. This designation is given by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and “recognizes lodging facilities that make a commitment to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources”.
Here at Sundial, we want to continue to improve our experience for our guests, and we feel that going green will help keep everyone enjoying the Florida views for many years to come.