School is almost out and that means summer vacation is just around the corner! For all of you planning to visit Sanibel and Sundial this summer, we have come up with the perfect checklist to make sure you’ve packed plenty of fun into your adventure.
Sundial Vacation Checklist:
- Spend a morning shelling. Sanibel Island is one of the best places in the world to go shelling. Thanks to the island’s unique orientation, the shores collect new shells with every tide and there is always plenty to find! (photos courtesy of Rachel Rice Photography)
- Challenge a friend to a paddleboard race. At Sundial, our guests can explore our Gulf shores on complimentary paddleboards. Stand up and get a fresh view of the beach and Gulf.
- See the island on two wheels. Take a complimentary bike out on an island adventure! Explore some of the more than 25 miles of bike trails that stretch from one end of the island to the other.
- Learn how to play pickleball. Visit our state-of-the-art pickleball courts and join a beginner clinic to learn how to play this tennis, badminton and table tennis hybrid.
- Take a dip in all five pools in one day. Sundial not only boasts a large pool deck at the resort center, there are also pools conveniently located near each of our guest buildings.
- Learn about the local wildlife with the Sanibel Sea School. Sanibel Sea School offers opportunities for guests to learn about the many creatures that call Sanibel home. Activities include shell walks, bird watching and even half-day courses devoted to subjects such as Squid & Octopi, Urchins, Dollars & Stars and Osprey.
- Pamper yourself at Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa & Boutique. Visit our on-site spa for a day of pampering and you’re sure to feel like a whole new person. Enjoy a massage, facial, manicures and pedicures and more.
- Explore the island by boat with a rental from Port Sanibel. Take a half day boating adventure around Sanibel Island as part of our Island Cruising Package.
- Try your hand at the “egg trick” at Shima Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. Get a great meal, enjoy the show and maybe even learn a new skill at our delicious restaurant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8MWtsxlo0c
- Make wonderful memories. The best part about any vacation is the opportunity to get away, see new things and spend time with your loved ones. We hope to see you making new memories at Sundial this summer!
Bonus: Find a Junonia while shelling! The Junonia is one of the rarest and most prized finds on Sanibel Island. The lucky ones who do manage to find this treasured shell even get the honor of having their picture appear in the local paper. Several have been found on Sundial’s beach over the last few weeks. (photos courtesy of the Sanibel-Captiva Islander)