PUBLISHED: February 16, 2017
I hope your year is off to a great start. We’re certainly staying busy at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa! I’ll get into more detail about everything you can expect from Sundial in 2017 later, but first I want to take this opportunity to review some of the exciting things that happened at the resort last year:
- We opened Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, which has already won awards for Best New Restaurant and Best Sushi on Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Due to the success of Shima, we’re now offering sushi at Sea Breeze Café.
- 2016 was a record turtle nesting season for our end of the island.
- For the fourth year in a row, Sundial was recognized by the News-Press out of Fort Myers as the best place to Staycation in Southwest Florida. Sanibel and Captiva residents and visitors also voted us Best Full-Service Resort, Best Tiki Bar, Best Tennis and Best Event Facilities.
- Good Morning America filmed a special National Seashell Day segment, where Ginger Zee broadcast live right from Sundial.
- We installed a beach cam for guests missing the Sanibel sunshine. Check it out by clicking here.
- We hosted our first USTA-sanctioned tennis tournament, drawing a talented crowd of players from all over.
- We added Ladies Night to Sea Breeze Café’s weekly lineup. From 5-7PM, ladies drink for free with any sushi or menu purchase.
- Rental cabanas were added to our main pool deck. Be sure to check out our Made in the Shade package – you’ll get your third night free, plus a $50 restaurant credit and a one-day cabana rental!
- As of last year, you’ll find a Sundial Shelling Bag in each of our guest rooms upon check-in. Our guests took home tens of thousands of souvenirs last year.
- Bailey’s Marketplace began offering a grocery delivery service. Now, you can pre-order groceries online or over the phone and they’ll be put away in your condo before your arrival.
So far this year, we’ve added colorful new kayaks to our fleet and we began selling logoed apparel in our activities department. Our state-of-the-art pickleball courts are under construction and the area’s largest pickleball facility will open this spring at Sundial. The courts are right on the other side of Middle Gulf Drive and will offer lakefront views.
We’ve got one more construction surprise that you’ll have to stay tuned for, but know that we’ve got something new coming to the lobby later this year.
At Sundial, our team is continually striving to improve your guest experience. We’re thankful to you for continuing to choose us as your vacation destination.
Hope to see you soon!
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa