PUBLISHED: January 30, 2018
If 2018 is going to be your year to improve your pickleball game, this is a post you won’t want to miss. Sundial’s resident Pro Ernesto Enriquez and Racquet Sports Manager Sean Warren collaborated on a list of tips they live by.
Top Tips from the Pros:
- Always stretch before your first match and wear proper shoes to eliminate injuries.
- Hit your serve deep. Faulting on serves is a controllable mistake. Simple, deep serves eliminate unnecessary errors.
- When returning a serve, hit it deep back to the server.
- Hit to your opponent’s backhand whenever possible.
- Set yourself up for a forehand shot as often as possible.
- Play it safe – consistency leads to unforced errors by the other team.
- When volleying gets frantic, just keep the point alive.
- Hit to open areas or gaps between your opponents.
- Get to the net as fast as possible.
- Keep your opponents away from the kitchen for as long as possible.
- Don’t be fooled into playing with power. At its core, Pickleball is a finesse game.
- Always stand in the “ready position” – knees slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart and paddle in between your knees.
Not sure what a kitchen is outside of the room you turn to when you’re hungry? Our seasoned Pickleball Team is always available for lessons and clinics. Learn more by clicking here, emailing email@example.com or calling 239.395.6025.