PUBLISHED: April 30, 2017
For a kid, the best parts of summer are beach vacations and summer camps. Now they can be combined! At Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, kids have the opportunity to take part in daily tennis camps and weekly camps at Sanibel Sea School.
Youth Tennis Camp at Sundial
Camps are offered June 5 – August 3, 2017, Monday – Thursday, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm.
- $40 per day with a sibling and multi-week discounts available
- Students ages 6 – 14 of all skill levels are welcome to attend
- Bring lunch or purchase lunch for $6
- Registration must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Play on our HydroGrid Tennis Courts and Brand New Plexicusion Pickleball Courts
- Daily Schedule
- 9:30 – 11:30 am Tennis Instruction and games
- 11:30 am – 12:13 pm Pickleball and Volleyball
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:30 pm Pool Time
To register, call 239-395-6037 or email email@example.com.
Sanibel Sea School’s Sanibel Skills Camp at Sundial
Camps are offered May 29 – June 2, June 5 – 9 and July 31 – August 4, 2017, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- $335 per week
- Students ages 6 – 13 of all skill levels are welcome to attend
- Lunch will be provided daily at no additional charge
- Registration must be made in advance and a wait list will be created when dates become full
Mangrove Mud Week
May 29 – June 2, 2017
There are 4 types of mangroves on Sanibel and we’re going to learn all about them. Which means we are going to muck out! We’ll go on mangrove mud walks and collect their propagules (you’ll find out what that is!) We’ll see how mangroves are the secret safe spot for so many fish and creatures by snorkeling in and looking between their prop roots. We’ll have a mangrove scavenger hunt and make a map of the different mangroves on Sanibel. Mangroves feel like pirate-y, hidden, swampy places, so you’re gonna love exploring their secrets.
Watch Me Swim, Crab Week
June 5 – 9, 2017
Swimming crabs are kind of funny. They look like they’re doing something they haven’t done very often. But actually they have their own little special appendages for this called swimmerets. We’re going to paddle our own swimmerets when we learn about the crazy swimming style of these crabs. We’re also going to have a molting race where we have to change our shell because that’s the way crabs grow! We’ll see if we can catch some crabs in crab traps this week and look for crab larvae in a plankton tow. Come along and be crabby with us!
July 31 – August 4, 2017
The Loggerhead Sea Turtle is a big animal with crushing jaws and a sweet face. We’re going to learn about this endangered species that comes out of the ocean to dig nests on Sanibel. We’ll learn about where it nests on the island. We’ll study the crushing force of its jaws by seeing how much force it takes to crush different things. We’ll learn how to protect this beautiful creature from threats by making a lifecycle obstacle course and see how our “turtle” makes it through. Come be a big headed turtle with us.
For information on Teen Counselor in Training Camp, visit SanibelSeasSchool.org.